Parish Pastoral Council
The Parish Pastoral Council is a representative body called from the members of St. Julie Billiart Parish. Its function is to reflect on and promote the pastoral life and activity of the parish and advise the pastor on how best to provide for the pastoral needs of the parish community. The Pastoral Council meets monthly September through June on the first Thursday of the month. The meetings are generally open to everyone. Non-council members can request that they be placed on the agenda to address the Council.
Parish office, Fr. Mike Pucke - 863-1040
e-mail: mpucke @ stjulie.net
To serve the Pastor and Parish Pastoral Council in
financial matters as required in Canon 537 of the 1983 Code
of Canon Law.
To advise both the Pastor and the Parish Pastoral Council
regarding the financial
implications of their respective policy
2. To prepare budgets in accord with the policy and priority
decisions of the Pastor and the
3. The ultimate responsibility for policy, priority decisions,
fund raising, approval and
of budgets rest with the Pastor, in consultation with the
4. Keep minutes of meetings and provide them to the pastor.
Finance Committee consists of 5 to 7 members. No term limit
has been set.
2. Finance Committee members are called forward through invitation
by the Pastor.
The Pastor will seek members through consultation
with the Parish Pastoral Council and
3. The members shall be composed of persons with special training
or experience in the
area of finances.
4. Because a large portion of the total parish finances is
devoted to the operation of the
school, special effort is made to include
persons who are knowledgeable about school
5. The business manager/administrative associate acts as liaison
to the pastoral staff and
the parish pastoral council.
6. A member’s term of service is automatically renewed
upon mutual agreement of the
member and the pastor.
Finance Committee shall meet in the months January, March,
May, July, September
2. Members are expected to: attend regularly scheduled meetings.
3. Members may be invited to serve on sub-committees or perform
other duties in service
to the parish and/or the pastor on an ad