To serve the Pastor and Parish Pastoral Council in financial matters as required in Canon 537 of the 1983 Code of Canon Law.
- To advise both the Pastor and the Parish Pastoral Council regarding the financial implications of their respective policy decisions.
- To prepare budgets in accord with the policy and priority decisions of the Pastor and the parish.
- The ultimate responsibility for policy, priority decisions, fund raising, approval and implementation of budgets rest with the Pastor, in consultation with the Parish Pastoral Council.
- Keep minutes of meetings and provide them to the pastor.
- Finance Committee consists of 5 to 7 members. No term limit has been set.
- Finance Committee members are called forward through invitation by the Pastor. The Pastor will seek members through consultation with the Parish Pastoral Council and other parishioners.
- The members shall be composed of persons with special training or experience in the area of finances.
- The business manager/administrative associate acts as liaison to the pastoral staff and the parish pastoral council.
- A member’s term of service is automatically renewed upon mutual agreement of the member and the pastor.
Commitments and Obligations
- Finance Committee shall meet in the months January, April, July, and October.
- Members are expected to: attend regularly scheduled meetings.
- Members may be invited to serve on sub-committees or perform other duties in service to the parish and/or the pastor on an ad hoc basis.